Butter, spreadable, margarine.
Whatever kind, it's a pretty essential product to have in your kitchen. Sandwiches, frying, cooking, etc.
(One thing to note is that margarine in Sweden is what English people call butter and margarine to English is what the Swedes call butter. Can be quite confusing when you get told by your boyfriend to get butter and he looks at you saying, "ehhhh...this is margarine??")
I grew up on the Swedish, Bregott, it's always in our fridge and as important for us, as the tea for English.
However, coming to England I had major issues finding a good maaaargarine. Either they're too hard, way too soft, too fat, tastes nothing or simply tastes bad. Every time I went to the supermarket I bought a new kind, hoping that this one might actually taste like the real margarine from home. It amazed me how hard it could be to find a good spreadable in England. In China I could understand it, everything was a bit upside down over there, but England? Come one, they love their fatty food.
Another thing that amazed me was how it was promoted that the margarine and the butter contained no salt or just being slightly salted. I do realise that salt is bad for you in large amounts but it simply tastes NOTHING if you don't have any salt in it. You might as well put the Swedish butter, Milda, on it! I do wonder how the English would find our, sea salt margarine, where you can actually see the salt(!) in it. Tastes heaven though.
Finally, the hunt for a good spreadable would come to end three weeks ago.
My boyfriend put a box of Lurpak on the table.
A slightly salted margarine that actually resembles my childhood spreadable and tastes okay at the same time. It may be a bit more pricy than the rest but hey, it tastes like it should.

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar