fredag 10 december 2010

What if.

Just about a year ago when I received a confirmation from Leeds University I was obviously thrilled, but I also had doubts. I had a job that I enjoyed and thought that if I just stayed another year in Sweden I would be able to save some more money and perhaps live a more comfortable life during my time at uni.

With a definite yes of an increase in fees to £9000 (98.000 kr) for certain degrees and a triple of the now current fee to £6000 (65.000 kr) a year, it worries me what could have happened if I had not gone to uni at the time that I eventually did.

These reforms will be implemented by September 2012 in UK, except in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland but I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before they go down the same route.

Can you imagine the INSANE amount of students that now will see 2011 as their last change to not graduate with even more x thousands in debt?

Can you imagine the competition?

Can you imagine how much harder it will be for international students to get in?

Can you imagine the dread on someones face when they don't get in 2011 but with a, better luck next year?!


Truly sad.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar