söndag 29 augusti 2010

Be kind, Please Rewind.

So.

Always with the big love for England and all its Chavs I knew that I one day would end up in that country.

Knowing that what I was looking for could not be found in Sweden it was as easy as pie deciding that England would be my future home.

Wanting to use my Chinese year in Shang hai to something handy I decided to look into finding something that could put it to use. Seeing that I'm interested in International relations I soon came to find Leeds university as a good choice.

A few UCAS drafts later, references and grades I sent in my application and waited for a reply.

Only to receive one two weeks later. A spokesperson from Leeds asked me about my stay in China and what I did over there. Quickly replying that I studied 3 hours a day for 10 months I only 3 days later got my conditional offer in my inbox.

I had my eyes on four other universities as well but always knew where my heart lied. Declining my other confirmations I booked my IELTS test and sat through 3 hours of pain. (Not that it was more difficult than the national test you undertake in Sweden every third year but you know, exams are never fun)

11 days to the exact, i got my results in the mail. Did I pass? Leeds condition was 7.0 as your band score. 7.5 was what I got and damn I was pleased. (Hearing-about-another-friend-who-did-the-TOEFL-and-not- passing-having-to-pay-1200 GBP-for-an-English-course-pleased.)

Sending my score off and waiting for the final letter of confirmation I was set to go. Pretty much.

With the confirmation in my hand and money on the bank, I booked my accommodation and waited for the days to pass.

Here I am now. 3 weeks before I leave this country once again.

Tata for now,
josie

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar